This is a great chance to join one of Shelby County’s leading employers, where there is very little turnover and excellent teamwork.
$12.32 /hr. to start; possible permanent hire & raise to $18.84/hr. after evaluation period, for the right fit!
Now hiring for Shelby County locations! Requirements:
- Must have a Valid Driver’s license with a Clear MVR
- Copy of a HS Diploma, GED or transcripts to bring to interview
- 1 year recent experience working in industrial/commercial setting (experience in mining or lime plant or quarry a plus)
- Possess a good eye & awareness in regards to safety practices & recognizing hazards
- Able to work outdoors in all kinds of temperatures & weather conditions
- Able to work in dusty environment (lime dust) – dust masks provided
- Physically able to handle shoveling, sweeping, pushing wheelbarrow, moving, picking up, etc. on daily basis
- Comfortable working at heights (catwalks & stairs w/ safety railings)
- Steel toed work boots (hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, masks provided)
- 10 panel drug screen, alcohol test & background check will be administered
- Able to pass reading, arithmetic & mechanical aptitude tests (given prior to interview)
- Help with daily operations of a lime processing plant (quarry & plant).
- Rotate between general cleaning (shoveling, sweeping, moving, picking up) & equipment operations.
- Operate vacuum truck & vac equipment, sweeper truck, water truck, bobcat, etc.
- Recognize safety hazards or issues, and bring to attention of supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety standards & practices at all times.
For immediate consideration for this job, go to this web site to apply online: https://jobs.expresspros.com/job/details?jobControlNum=12675496
About Express Employment Professionals:Express – Birmingham SOUTH, is a customized recruiting and staffing firm that can help you find the type of job that is a great fit for your needs and abilities - and you’ll NEVER pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals.