$14.00 /hr. Contract position, 40 hrs/wk. 7 PM rotating night shift (12 hr days).
IMMEDIATE OPENING, with current MSHA certification; Will need to put through MSHA training if no certificate.
- Current MSHA certification strongly preferred
- Physically able to perform work assigned; physically capable of accessing all plant and quarry locations (standing in lab most of day, getting into cart, picking up samples, etc.)
- Able to learn & operate lab equipment; operate power tools like a wet saw (similar to tile saw).
- Excellent work ethic; great listener – ability to learn the process.
- Able to work in dusty and noisy environment with provided safety equipment, when going out to pick up samples.
- Labs are heated, with AC, but will go into plant & quarry in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Minimum of high school diploma. Laboratory experience a plus!.
- Must be capable of understanding and communicating instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to perform required paperwork and mathematical assignments in correct format.
- Basic MS Excel skills (entering data, totaling, saving files).
- MUST be dependable – often will be the only one scheduled for lab – operations depend on you!
RESPONSIBILITIES - perform day-to-day analytical testing of lime products from the manufacturing process, including:
- Perform all duties as directed, and follow all company policies & safety regulations.
- Prepare core samples (saw in half, put in crusher, etc.).
- Perform prescribed wet chemical, instrumental and physical analysis to standards.
- Effectively interpret and communicate analysis results in order to maintain product quality.
- Maintain laboratory instruments, chemical solutions and a clean work environment.
You Choose How to Apply:
- Call our office to immediately discuss your work experience and interest - 205-981-1141
- Download the FREE ExpressJobs app on your mobile device via App Store or Google Play
- Click HERE for App Store or Click HERE for Google Play
- Submit an online application via our website job posting
- Email us at BirminghamALSouth@ExpressPros.com - please add “Lab Technician” to the subject line of your email.
Have experience in other areas? Express Pros Birmingham AL South has regular job openings in the other following areas:
Apartment leasing, accounting, clerical, admin, inside sales, customer service, outside sales, medical reception, medical billing-coding-collections, delivery drivers (CDL & non-CDL), assembly-production, general plant labor, machine operators, warehouse, shipping & receiving, landscaping, housekeeping, apartment maintenance, plant maintenance, and MUCH MORE!!
See how Express Pros Birmingham AL South can help YOU land your next JOB!
Building your career. Building Relationships. Like US on Facebook